What do you need to go to Cooperstown? The PinCreator
How to prepare your journey to Cooperstown?
Cooperstown is an impactful, exciting and life-changing event for any child that loves to play baseball! Beginning in June and continuing until the end of August over a hundred teams compete every week in Cooperstown, New York, with the very best of their peers from around the world.
Some quick tips if you’re planning on taking your baseball team to Cooperstown:
1. Start early.
– Enrollment is open from September to December of the previous year. By that point, you will want to know:
- How you will be getting there (driving? flying?)
- How many people are going?
- What sort of accommodations will you need?
- Do you want to plan any group activities outside of Cooperstown?
- Start Fundraising!
- Design your pins early!
- What kinds of unique customizations do you want for your team’s pins?
3. Important things to remember:
- Family members must provide their own lodging.
- Teams must provide their own meals.
- There is a lot to do around the area; make sure to take advantage of your downtime!
- Allow time for processing. A custom pin order takes anywhere from three to four weeks to complete.
4. Fundraising is key.
The average pin order alone can cost between $2000 – $5000. This, along with the added cost of admission for Cooperstown, additional lodging and meals, as well as any other activities, makes preparation and fund raising an absolute MUST.
There are many proven and effective ways available helping coaches raise money for their teams trip to Cooperstown. Fund raising can also be an excellent team builder helping the team pull together on and off the field. Here are just a few ideas to get you started:
- Bake sales
- Car wash
- Sell raffle tickets
- Find local businesses to sponsor you (A great tax write off!)
Every year teams across the country make their way to Cooperstown for the baseball experience of the summer. All it takes is determination and using your community resources for your team to quickly raise the funds to join in on the fun. We look forward to working with you, and we wish you luck on your journey!